Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bad Day

I was so close to tears. I could feel them just behind my eyelids threatening to spill out any second. I could feel my face crumpling into a little ball, my lip quivering...I needed a friend. I was surrounded by friends, but something was missing. And then I realized. I was having the worst day of my entire life, and NO ONE cared. I recently gained the status of "class clown", always the one they look toward for a laugh, and usually I'm happy to comply. But then I realized that due to my new position, nobody took me seriously any longer. Somehow everybody had forgotten that the class clown, no matter how silly, has feelings too. So I walked alone, apart from my group, and cradled my tears, not allowing myself to cry, when I felt a presence beside me. I looked up and there was a stranger, a boy I'd never met. "Are you okay?" he asked, and my tears began to fall. "Thanks," I said, smiling despite my tears. "For what?" he asked. "I needed that." I answered.

Love to hear what you think!