Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Freedom

Every time I look at myself and think on how much I've gone through, I still hardly believe that I have become the strong person that I am now. The biggest factor I'd like to consider is my relationship with my father. I learned to stand on my own, make decisions on my own because he let me do it. This started in my high school years when I'd always to ask permission to go out with friends. My mother and my eldest brother would usually prohibit me, which I found it very disappointing. But I found solution from my father. I would ask his permission and promise him to be back at a designated time, which I did exactly. And things went on between the two of us. I would confide things to him; my dreams and aspirations, where I want to go and what I want to do. Even my teenage crushes and love letters. He would always listen ready to give support. He never scolded me for things I've told him. I felt how much he appreciated my trust to him. This gave me so much confidence and encouragement to realize my dreams. I feel good to be free and independent because my father allowed me to be. Now I pass on the good attitude I got from my father.

Love to hear what you think!